This is My Crowd

This is My Crowd
Picture by: Photography by Vicky Campos

Leave a Comment

I love to have feedback and sometimes the Comment box can be less than cooperative when it comes time to post. I highly recommend selecting the Name/URL option. You can simply type in your name, skip the URL and leave your comment.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"People Change." - Liam jan.2011


Or so says my 7 year old son when I asked him why he wasn't playing with one of his friends from his old school at day care. You see, as a result of our purchasing a home this past year, my children had to change schools. They traded in their blue Falcon shirts for a slightly more imposing white Bulldog on their new red shirts.

Again, I bring to mind: "People change" he said with a matter of fact shrug as he walked past me toward the exit. He's 7 and he's already come to terms with one of those profound understandings that most people don't get until they are at least in their mid-twenties... or at least it was something that I didn't get until then. But it does beg the question.... How much can a little boy change between kindergarten and first grade and more importantly, which of the two boys did the changing. I cannot even begin to fathom what it was that polarized their relationship that just last year was conga-lining itself around the cafeteria at their then shared elementary school during the mother-son dance we attended. I suppose it doesn't really matter the why's and the how's, I just have to chuckle at the serious nature of his response and stand in the awe of the fact that I have a child that emerged from MY womb that has some understanding of an essential human truth. People change... that and the word poop is fun to put into nearly any sentence. Yeah, he's got that one down pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment