This is My Crowd

This is My Crowd
Picture by: Photography by Vicky Campos

Leave a Comment

I love to have feedback and sometimes the Comment box can be less than cooperative when it comes time to post. I highly recommend selecting the Name/URL option. You can simply type in your name, skip the URL and leave your comment.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Smorgybord Saturday: Sung Heroes

Typically on Saturday, The Pact would require me to do something creative. However, on  this particular Saturday my maternal grandparents are being honored at their Diocese Bishop's Awards Dinner, which is established to honor Bright Lights in their Catholic Community.  Given this special occasion, it seems appropriate to honor them myself in the only truly public platform I have readily available, my blog.

If you've spent any extended amount of time with me, chances are you've heard of them; Bill & Helen Warren, or Poppa & Dama as they have lovingly been referred to since my eldest brother dubbed them when he was mastering the english language.  It's odd growing up with family in ministry.  When I was young I  didn't see world changers, I saw a woman that made the best cream of wheat and the biggest, most huggable man I had ever met.  The reality, though, is that they are world changers.  They have touched the lives of so many people through their testimony, their love, their prayer, their teaching, their example, their generosity, basically their life and more specifically how they choose to live their life.  Some people choose to spend their time trying to get ahead, some people spend their money on extravagance and comfort, while other's spend both for the benefit of the Kingdom of God.  Fortunately for me, my grandparents are the latter.  Now that I am older, I am able to recognize them for the world changers that they are and strive to be more like them, which to be more like them is really to be more like Jesus.

Their life story is a testimony to God's unfailing love and enduring faithfulness to His people.

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9


The Lord's eyes have rested upon Bill & Helen Warren and because of their faithfulness, He has shown Himself strong in not just their life, but in the lives that they have touched and impacted.  I heard it said on several occasions during the awards dinner that it was "amazing" that they were being honored, but I disagreed.  I believe that lives that my grandparents lead, as well as the lives of all of the honoree's last night, are amazing.  Truly an example to us all of what the life of a follower of Christ should look like.   

No comments:

Post a Comment